cyanogenmod 7.1.0

Finally, after a long wait, CM 7.1 has been released for my ZTE Blade. The last (supposedly) stable release CM 7.0.3 wasn't that stable. 7.1.0-RC1, the subsequent Release Candidate was more stable, but still carried over Battery drain issues, Apps leaking, GPS reboots, etc.

Check out the CM Change Log. I am well pleased with this release. It seems stable, and I have a nice feeling about this. My battery is still going strong (65%) after 2 days, although admittedly I haven't used it much. Before this, the phone would have died in two days.

Ideally, I would like to get out of the Android loop, and would like emdebian or a similar mainstream OS to take over. Android seems getting deeper in the Java sh!t and other patent issues, and becoming bloatware with each update. Google Apps are being closed source and very network/memory/disk hog with consequent battery drain. All I need is my contacts/calendar to be cloud-synced on an ad-hoc basis. I can get rid of all other Google Apps from my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

most viewed