Resource Utilisation & Capacity

http://android.modaco.com/topic/318375-how-to-manual-mod/page__view__findpost__p__1412212

capacity & utilisation
It is very important to understand the capacity & utilisation! This is mine, with ~100 apps that I've added, including CoPilot Live. Previously, I couldn't even install the CoPilot, which was supplied included in my t-mobile contract. Now, I can install another similar humunguous app, and still have some free space...

$ adb shell df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 52.7M 0 52.7M 0% /dev
/dev/block/mtdblock3 20.0M 15.1M 4.9M 76% /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock2 90.3M 64.4M 25.8M 71% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock1 100.0M 95.4M 4.6M 95% /system
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 1.8G 1.4G 455.3M 76% /sdcard


clearing out /system/app/
I have removed many supplied apps. This is because they were non-standard (i.e. t-mobile/huawei version), unnecessary or there were stock alternatives/updates available.

See below for the apps I removed/replaced. I have removed Email.apk, and have had no problems at all, even though many seem to suggest otherwise. I leave your decision to you.
AlarmClock.apk
CallLog.apk
Contacts.apk
ContactsProvider.apk
CzechPack.apk
Dialer.apk
DMClient.apk
DocumentToGo.apk
DrmProvider.apk
DutchPack.apk
Email.apk
EmotionClockWidget.apk
FileManager.apk
Gallery.apk
GermanPack.apk
HTMLViewer.apk
HuaweiSyncClient.apk
HWDrmApp.apk
HWTheme_Work.apk
MMITest_II.apk
Maps.apk
MobileTV.apk
Music.apk
MusicShop.apk
MyCalendar.apk
MyBookmarks.apk
MyEvent.apk
NotePad.apk
PolishPack.apk
RoadSync.apk
SFP.apk
SetupWizardEx.apk
StaticPhotoFrame.apk
Street.apk
TopApps_1.2.0.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.apk
TouchPal.apk


clearing out /system/bin/
all sync* and debuggered
sync
syncat
syncbt
syncctl
syncobex
syncpcuiu
syncsdr
debuggerd


clearing out /system/media/
I basically cleared out almost everything therein.

clearing out /system/cust/
I can't remember what I removed from here.

reclaiming /data/app/
Now I have so much space in /system, I moved many apps from /data/app/ into /system/app/. My main focus was to get co-pilot and other large non-market apps out of /data/app/ and saturate /system/app/. I also moved any apps, which I do not want auto updated, into /system/app/.

com.alk.copilot.apk
com.dataviz.docstogo.apk
com.android.vending.apk
com.helixproject.launcher.apk


to-do
pls help with below

odex
- should we?
- how to?
- what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

most viewed